News stories about EMC (NYSE:EMC) have trended somewhat negative recently, according to Accern. The research firm identifies positive and negative news coverage by reviewing more than 20 million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. EMC earned a media sentiment score of -0.06 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned media coverage about the information technology service provider an impact score of 47.1989636205541 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock’s share price in the next several days.
These are some of the news headlines that may have effected Accern Sentiment Analysis’s analysis:
- Workplace safety device maker closes on $1.25 million funding round – Business Record (businessrecord.com)
- SPONSORED: Dell EMC points to portfolio scale to solve customer conundrums – www.channelweb.co.uk (channelweb.co.uk)
- Channel to lead transformation, says Dell EMC – IT-Online (it-online.co.za)
- SPONSORED: ‘Our channel outpaces the industry’ – Dell EMC – www.channelweb.co.uk (channelweb.co.uk)
- NETA Corporate Alliance Partners Present Cutting Edge Technical Topics at Electrical Maintenance and Safety Conference (feeds.benzinga.com)
Separately, Canaccord Genuity reiterated a “buy” rating on shares of EMC in a research note on Wednesday, October 4th.
EMC (NYSE EMC) remained flat at $29.05 on Thursday. 102,673,327 shares of the company traded hands. The firm has a 50 day moving average of $28.52 and a 200 day moving average of $27.28. EMC has a 52 week low of $22.99 and a 52 week high of $29.13.
WARNING: This news story was published by Transcript Daily and is the sole property of of Transcript Daily. If you are reading this news story on another site, it was stolen and republished in violation of US and international trademark and copyright law. The legal version of this news story can be viewed at https://transcriptdaily.com/2017/10/27/emc-emc-receives-media-sentiment-score-of-0-06.html.
EMC Corporation (EMC) develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry’s range of information infrastructure and virtual infrastructure technologies, solutions and services. EMC manages the Company as part of a federation of businesses: EMC Information Infrastructure, VMware Virtual Infrastructure, Pivotal and Virtustream.
Receive News & Ratings for EMC Co. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for EMC Co. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.