CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 2/10/2018 – CME Group was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 2/7/2018 – CME Group was upgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $180.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – CME Group had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $170.00 to $175.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – CME Group had its price target raised by analysts at Bank of America Corp from $173.00 to $175.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – CME Group had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Sandler O’Neill. They now have a $175.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/29/2018 – CME Group had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc. They now have a $172.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $155.00.
- 1/25/2018 – CME Group is now covered by analysts at Berenberg Bank. They set a “hold” rating and a $170.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/9/2018 – CME Group was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 1/2/2018 – CME Group was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $164.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Shares of CME Group have outperformed the industry in the last three months. The company has also witnessed its 2018 estimate moving north in the last 60 days. CME Group remains well-positioned for growth on the back of strong market position with diverse derivative product lines. Efforts to expand and cross sell its core exchange-traded business through new product initiatives and global reach also support growth. It intends to exit is credit default swap clearing business by mid-2018 and focus on over-the-counter clearing services on interest rate swaps and foreign exchange. This will free up $650 million as clearing member capital. However, expenses concern. It projects adjusted total operating expenses to be $1.08 billion and license fees to increase in the 10-15% band year over year. Exposure to interest rate volatility, limited credit availability can hamper liquidity.”
Shares of CME Group Inc (NASDAQ:CME) opened at $160.53 on Friday. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.10, a quick ratio of 1.05 and a current ratio of 1.03. CME Group Inc has a one year low of $114.82 and a one year high of $165.35. The stock has a market cap of $54,630.00, a price-to-earnings ratio of 36.65, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 2.10 and a beta of 0.64.
CME Group (NASDAQ:CME) last announced its earnings results on Thursday, February 1st. The financial services provider reported $1.12 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $1.10 by $0.02. CME Group had a net margin of 111.49% and a return on equity of 7.68%. The company had revenue of $900.00 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $886.85 million. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned $1.14 EPS. The company’s revenue was down 1.4% on a year-over-year basis. equities research analysts anticipate that CME Group Inc will post 6.32 earnings per share for the current year.
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Monday, March 26th. Shareholders of record on Friday, March 9th will be paid a dividend of $0.70 per share. This is an increase from CME Group’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.66. This represents a $2.80 annualized dividend and a yield of 1.74%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, March 8th. CME Group’s payout ratio is 60.27%.
In other news, COO Julie Holzrichter sold 12,920 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Tuesday, November 28th. The shares were sold at an average price of $144.08, for a total transaction of $1,861,513.60. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through this link. Also, insider Kimberly S. Taylor sold 8,125 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Thursday, November 30th. The shares were sold at an average price of $150.00, for a total transaction of $1,218,750.00. Following the transaction, the insider now owns 120,590 shares in the company, valued at $18,088,500. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Over the last three months, insiders have sold 68,027 shares of company stock worth $10,294,709. Company insiders own 0.57% of the company’s stock.
CME Group Inc, through its exchanges, provides products across all asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural products and metals. The Company’s segment primarily consists of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc (CME), Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc (CBOT), New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc (NYMEX) and Commodity Exchange, Inc (COMEX) exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for CME Group Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for CME Group Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.