Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded down 2.9% against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 0:00 AM E.T. on February 24th. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for $2.58 or 0.00026441 BTC on major exchanges including SouthXchange, Poloniex, Tux Exchange and YoBit. In the last seven days, Namecoin has traded 19.7% lower against the dollar. Namecoin has a market cap of $37.95 million and approximately $117,900.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $9,807.01 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 7.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,197.94 or 0.12300500 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.48 or 0.00035720 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 6.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $22.99 or 0.00236044 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 8.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.34 or 0.00024026 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $143.47 or 0.01473210 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 25.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00004042 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 5.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.33 or 0.00003425 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 6.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00002038 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
Namecoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 19th, 2011. Namecoin’s total supply is 14,736,400 coins. Namecoin’s official website is www.namecoin.org. Namecoin’s official Twitter account is @namecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Namecoin is /r/namecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Namecoin s a cryptocurrency which also acts as an alternative, decentralized DNS, which would avoid domain name censorship by making a new top level domain outside of ICANN control. The coin is designed to halve every four years with the same cap limit as Bitcoin of 21,000,000. With the domain registry service a small number of NMC will be destroyed so after mining has finished there will still be a deflationary ellement in place. Namecoin was the first coin to switch to merged mining. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Altcoin Trader, Poloniex, WEX, Bittylicious, BX Thailand, Bleutrade, Livecoin, SouthXchange, Cryptopia, Tux Exchange and YoBit. It is not currently possible to buy Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Namecoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.