Nxt (CURRENCY:NXT) traded 6% lower against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 22:00 PM Eastern on February 24th. One Nxt coin can currently be bought for about $0.20 or 0.00002123 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Bittrex, HitBTC, CoinEgg and Stocks.Exchange. During the last seven days, Nxt has traded down 22.6% against the US dollar. Nxt has a total market cap of $203.85 million and $4.54 million worth of Nxt was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Lisk (LSK) traded down 10.1% against the dollar and now trades at $20.45 or 0.00212720 BTC.
- Qtum (QTUM) traded down 8.4% against the dollar and now trades at $26.05 or 0.00271043 BTC.
- Waves (WAVES) traded 5.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $6.52 or 0.00067829 BTC.
- Neblio (NEBL) traded down 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $13.23 or 0.00137586 BTC.
- Blocknet (BLOCK) traded down 13.5% against the dollar and now trades at $29.13 or 0.00303033 BTC.
- NAV Coin (NAV) traded 9.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.67 or 0.00017424 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded 9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0596 or 0.00000620 BTC.
- WhiteCoin (XWC) traded 7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00001321 BTC.
- BlackCoin (BLK) traded 8.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.33 or 0.00003429 BTC.
- Radium (RADS) traded 3.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.89 or 0.00061244 BTC.
Nxt is a PoS/LPoS coin that uses the Proof of Stake hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was November 24th, 2013. Nxt’s total supply is 998,999,942 coins. Nxt’s official website is nxt.org. Nxt’s official Twitter account is @NxtCommunity and its Facebook page is accessible here. Nxt’s official message board is nxtforum.org. The Reddit community for Nxt is /r/nxt and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Nxt is considered a 2nd generation crypto currency. With all the alt coins that alter parametes such as hashing mechanism, time between blocks, starting difficulty, and so on, Nxt brings much much more to the table and was designed this way for a number of reasons. It's proof of stake model makes it less susceptible to 51% attacks whilst it is designed to support large transaction volumes, something which the traditional Bitcoin and its clones have as a potential flaw. Nxt allows the creation and exchange of custom tokens, coloured coins and assets on the Blockchain. In 2016, the NXT team announced the launch of Ardor, the Nxt 2.0. The platform will allow users the same features as Nxt and additional tools like sidechain support for asset issuance and more. The destribution of the ARDR token was done through a snapshot process, which is the reason for the price spike during late 2016. “
Nxt Coin Trading
Nxt can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bitcoin Indonesia, AEX, Poloniex, LiteBit.eu, CoinEgg, SouthXchange, Stocks.Exchange, Livecoin, HitBTC, C-CEX, Bittrex and Nxt Asset Exchange. It is not currently possible to purchase Nxt directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Nxt must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Nxt using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Nxt Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Nxt and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.