Steem (CURRENCY:STEEM) traded up 2.1% against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 17:00 PM Eastern on August 18th. Over the last week, Steem has traded 10.5% lower against the US dollar. Steem has a market cap of $59.29 million and $694,585.00 worth of Steem was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Steem coin can currently be purchased for about $0.17 or 0.00001672 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including OpenLedger DEX, Bittrex, Poloniex and GOPAX.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 2.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $10,399.37 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $319.55 or 0.03075236 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 8.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $79.89 or 0.00768935 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded 6.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.78 or 0.00007496 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.98 or 0.00019097 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded up 3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0655 or 0.00000630 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded up 8.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0350 or 0.00000337 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded up 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0093 or 0.00000089 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded up 37.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0024 or 0.00000023 BTC.
Steem Coin Profile
Steem (CRYPTO:STEEM) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. It was first traded on July 4th, 2015. Steem’s total supply is 358,347,982 coins and its circulating supply is 341,373,888 coins. Steem’s official message board is steemit.com/@steemitblog. Steem’s official Twitter account is @steemit and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Steem is /r/steemit and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Steem is steem.com.
Buying and Selling Steem
Steem can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Upbit, HitBTC, Bithumb, Huobi, OpenLedger DEX, GOPAX, RuDEX, Bittrex, Binance and Poloniex. It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Steem directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Steem should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Steem using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Steem Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Steem and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.