A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for XPO Logistics (NYSE: XPO):
- 1/16/2020 – XPO Logistics was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 1/16/2020 – XPO Logistics had its price target raised by analysts at Cowen Inc from $98.00 to $112.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 1/11/2020 – XPO Logistics was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “XPO Logistics, Inc. is a third-party logistics provider offering expedient, single-source solutions for time-critical and service-sensitive shipments through its non-asset based transportation network. XPO serves customers in the U.S, Canada and Mexico with domestic and international freight destinations. XPO’s suite of logistics services is offered through three brands: expedited surface transportation through Express-1, Inc., domestic and international freight forwarding services through Concert Group Logistics, Inc., and truckload brokerage services through Bounce Logistics, Inc. XPO Logistics, Inc., formerly known as Express-1 Expedited Solutions, Inc., is based in Buchanan, Michigan. “
- 1/10/2020 – XPO Logistics had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc.. They now have a $90.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/6/2020 – XPO Logistics had its price target lowered by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $84.00 to $81.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 1/4/2020 – XPO Logistics was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 12/10/2019 – XPO Logistics was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 12/3/2019 – XPO Logistics was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
XPO traded down $0.71 during midday trading on Monday, hitting $94.64. The stock had a trading volume of 1,649,874 shares, compared to its average volume of 987,916. The company has a market cap of $8.74 billion, a P/E ratio of 28.51, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 0.67 and a beta of 2.48. XPO Logistics Inc has a 1 year low of $45.73 and a 1 year high of $96.20. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 2.32, a quick ratio of 1.07 and a current ratio of 1.07. The business has a fifty day moving average of $80.89 and a 200 day moving average of $73.80.
XPO Logistics (NYSE:XPO) last announced its earnings results on Monday, October 28th. The transportation company reported $1.18 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.03 by $0.15. The company had revenue of $4.15 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $4.27 billion. XPO Logistics had a return on equity of 13.87% and a net margin of 2.31%. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was down 4.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company earned $0.89 earnings per share. On average, equities research analysts anticipate that XPO Logistics Inc will post 3.97 earnings per share for the current year.
In other news, major shareholder Spruce House Partnership Lp sold 150,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Monday, November 18th. The stock was sold at an average price of $83.82, for a total transaction of $12,573,000.00. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through this hyperlink. In the last 90 days, insiders have sold 552,900 shares of company stock valued at $46,723,803. 18.70% of the stock is owned by corporate insiders.
A number of large investors have recently made changes to their positions in the business. Stifel Financial Corp increased its stake in XPO Logistics by 24.9% in the 3rd quarter. Stifel Financial Corp now owns 16,943 shares of the transportation company’s stock worth $1,216,000 after acquiring an additional 3,376 shares during the last quarter. Man Group plc increased its position in XPO Logistics by 415.1% during the 3rd quarter. Man Group plc now owns 52,361 shares of the transportation company’s stock valued at $3,748,000 after buying an additional 42,196 shares in the last quarter. Alberta Investment Management Corp purchased a new stake in XPO Logistics during the 2nd quarter valued at about $653,000. National Pension Service grew its stake in XPO Logistics by 5.5% during the 3rd quarter. National Pension Service now owns 179,765 shares of the transportation company’s stock valued at $12,866,000 after purchasing an additional 9,387 shares during the last quarter. Finally, Squarepoint Ops LLC grew its stake in XPO Logistics by 62.2% during the 3rd quarter. Squarepoint Ops LLC now owns 34,514 shares of the transportation company’s stock valued at $2,470,000 after purchasing an additional 13,234 shares during the last quarter.
XPO Logistics, Inc provides transportation and logistics services in the United States, North America, France, the United Kingdom, Europe, and internationally. The company's Transportation segment offers freight brokerage services comprising truck brokerage, intermodal, drayage, and expedite services; last mile services, primarily asset-light; density and day-definite regional, inter-regional, and transcontinental less-than-truckload freight services; full truckload services for transactional transportation of packaged goods, high cube products, and bulk goods; logistics services for domestic, cross-border, and international shipments; and managed transportation services.
Recommended Story: Stock Symbol
Receive News & Ratings for XPO Logistics Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for XPO Logistics Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.