Polygon (CURRENCY:MATIC) traded 16.4% higher against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 19:00 PM ET on September 22nd. Polygon has a market capitalization of $8.05 billion and $1.08 billion worth of Polygon was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Polygon coin can currently be purchased for approximately $1.21 or 0.00002777 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges. Over the last seven days, Polygon has traded 14.2% lower against the dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Binance USD (BUSD) traded 0% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00002296 BTC.
- Chainlink (LINK) traded 13.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $24.23 or 0.00055625 BTC.
- DREP (DREP) traded 21% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.96 or 0.00003398 BTC.
- DREP [old] (DREP) traded 19.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.96 or 0.00003399 BTC.
- FTX Token (FTT) traded up 10.1% against the dollar and now trades at $55.67 or 0.00127799 BTC.
- Dai (DAI) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00002298 BTC.
- THETA (THETA) traded up 10.9% against the dollar and now trades at $5.58 or 0.00012814 BTC.
- PancakeSwap (CAKE) traded 12.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $20.13 or 0.00046205 BTC.
- Crypto.com Coin (CRO) traded up 9.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00000383 BTC.
- Aave (AAVE) traded up 12% against the dollar and now trades at $300.08 or 0.00688823 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Matic provides scalable, secure and instant transactions using sidechains based on an adapted implementation of Plasma framework for asset security and a decentralized network of Proof-of-Stake (PoS) validators. In short, it allows anyone to create scalable DApps while ensuring a superior user experience in a secure and decentralized manner. It has a working implementation for Ethereum on Ropsten Testnet. Matic intends to support other blockchains in the future which will enable it to provide interoperability features alongside offering scalability to existing public blockchains. Matic Network is expanding tech scope and mission and becoming Polygon — Ethereum’s Internet of Blockchains. Existing Matic solutions remain functional and high priority. All the existing Matic solutions and implementations, primarily Matic PoS Chain and Matic Plasma Chains, remain fully functional and will continue to be developed and grown as very important components of the Polygon ecosystem. These implementations will not be impacted or changed in any way, and no action is required from developers or end-users. The $MATIC token will continue to exist and will play an increasingly important role, securing the system and enabling governance. See the official announcement. Polygon is a easy-to-use platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its core component is Polygon SDK, a modular, flexible framework that supports building and connecting two major types of solutions:Secured chains (aka Layer 2 chains): Scaling solutions that rely on Ethereum for security instead of establishing their own validator pool. Stand-alone chains (aka Sidechains): Sovereign Ethereum sidechains, normally fully in charge of their own security, i.e. with their own validator pool. “
Polygon Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Polygon directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Polygon should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Polygon using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Polygon Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Polygon and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.