Hive (HIVE) traded 2.7% lower against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on August 7th. Hive has a total market cap of $254.11 million and approximately $20.54 million worth of Hive was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Hive coin can now be purchased for $0.59 or 0.00002543 BTC on popular exchanges. During the last week, Hive has traded down 28% against the US dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- TRON (TRX) traded 0.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0697 or 0.00000300 BTC.
- WAX (WAXP) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00000488 BTC.
- Velas (VLX) traded up 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0412 or 0.00000177 BTC.
- GXChain (GXC) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.49 or 0.00002127 BTC.
- FIO Protocol (FIO) traded 0% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0546 or 0.00000235 BTC.
- 0Chain (ZCN) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00000839 BTC.
- LiquidApps (DAPP) traded 67.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0021 or 0.00000009 BTC.
- Metaverse Dualchain Network Architecture (DNA) traded 99.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- 8X8 PROTOCOL (EXE) traded down 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- BeatzCoin (BTZC) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
Hive (CRYPTO:HIVE) is a DPoS/PoB coin that uses the
hashing algorithm. It launched on January 26th, 2018. Hive’s total supply is 430,404,844 coins. The official website for Hive is hive.io. Hive’s official Twitter account is @blockhive_ee and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official message board for Hive is peakd.com/@hiveio. The Reddit community for Hive is https://reddit.com/r/hiveblocks and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Hive is an open-source blockchain, forged in years of development to bring Web 3.0 to the world. With a diverse community of stakeholders and without controlling bad actors, individuals can experience true ownership in a decentralized blockchain & cryptocurrency. Hive distributes the new coins based on the Proof of Brain mechanism (PoB). Although it also distributes it to the stake holders trough curation and staking rewards so it’s a bit of hybrid, DPoS/PoB. Hive was created as an independent and decentralized fork of the Steem blockchain. The Hive network comes with two classes of cryptocurrency assets named HIVE and Hive Backed Dollars (HBD). Moreover, HIVE exists both under a liquid form (simply called HIVE) and a staked form (called Hive Power). HIVE is the liquid currency of the Hive ecosystem. “
Buying and Selling Hive
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Hive directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Hive should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Hive using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Hive Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Hive and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.