Cardano (ADA) traded down 4.5% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 23:00 PM E.T. on August 9th. During the last week, Cardano has traded 1.7% higher against the U.S. dollar. One Cardano coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.51 or 0.00002220 BTC on major exchanges. Cardano has a total market cap of $17.27 billion and $644.21 million worth of Cardano was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Avalanche (AVAX) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $27.71 or 0.00120889 BTC.
- Uniswap (UNI) traded 5.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8.32 or 0.00036282 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $5.30 or 0.00023108 BTC.
- Cronos (CRO) traded 5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00000627 BTC.
- Algorand (ALGO) traded 7.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.34 or 0.00001483 BTC.
- Hedera (HBAR) traded down 8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0736 or 0.00000321 BTC.
- Elrond (EGLD) traded 8.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $60.95 or 0.00265933 BTC.
- Helium (HNT) traded 10.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8.38 or 0.00036565 BTC.
- TerraUSD (UST) traded down 26% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0641 or 0.00000217 BTC.
- Gold Secured Currency (GSX) traded down 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0210 or 0.00000092 BTC.
ADA is a proof-of-stake (PoS) coin that uses the Ouroboros hashing algorithm. It was first traded on October 5th, 2017. Cardano’s total supply is 34,277,702,082 coins and its circulating supply is 33,934,048,406 coins. Cardano’s official website is www.cardano.org. The Reddit community for Cardano is /r/cardano and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Cardano’s official Twitter account is @CardanoStiftung and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official message board for Cardano is medium.com/feed/cardanorss.
Buying and Selling Cardano
It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Cardano directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Cardano should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Cardano using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Cardano Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Cardano and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.